Happy Christmas Eve,
In Luke chapter 2 we read the greatest story ever told. Simply put, yet so magnificent. God’s plans and provisions are seen through it all.
- To fulfill Scripture they had to return to Bethlehem to register for the census. (Micah 5:2) From Nazareth to Bethlehem.
- Not having a reservation, there was no room for them in the Inn. Yet a place was found for the Savior to be born.
- There was no special report on the news announcing His birth, but an angel appeared to the shepherds watching their sheep.
- Then a heavenly host joined them praising God.
- Without a GPS they went to Bethlehem and found Jesus and family. When God calls He does the leading.
- The shepherds came, they saw and they spread “the Good Word to others.”
Luke 2:19 says: “But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” I wonder when she shared all these things that God was doing in her life. Somehow Luke got the word of a Mother who was keeping all this exciting news to herself and let God do the revealing in His time. And Luke somehow got the word and in retrospect mentions this. A woman who was able to glorify God with her song in Luke 1:45-55.
Father, in our haste to spread “the good word”, let us do it in Your time and Your way. Give us the right words at the right time that Your Name might be glorified. In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
In His service,